The city of London is bustling with people every day. It’s a city full of life and rich in culture. There are currently more than 7 million people living in London with more than 300 different languages being spoken.
Over the years, London has seen some minor changes since the 1999 Greater London Authority Act was passed. According to this act, it is the responsibility of the mayor of London to formulate a cultural strategy plan. This document was published in November 2008 for the first time. The key priorities mentioned in this document by the Mayor of London are listed below
- Maintain London’s position as a world centre of cultural excellence World-class culture for 2012 and beyond Strengthen arts and music education for young people
- Increase access and participation
- Improve provision in outer borough
- Develop pathways for new talent
- Create a lively public realm
- Support grassroots culture
- Promote London
- Develop targeted support for the creative industries
- Champion the role of culture in the built environment
- Improve government support for culture in London
It’s safe to note that London’s people and business are excited about welcoming their future guests from around the world for the 2012 London Olympics. We are seeing both the new and existing hotels are preparing to come up with new menus and try out different presentation styles. This has opened up more part-time job vacancies for chefs and cooks. You can also check Just Job London for new vacancies.
This has opened opportunity for people to not only experience the rich culture of London but to earn some extra cash along the way.
To find a job in London, it is best to make some basic preparation, especially for your part time job interview. First off, make sure that you know how to get to your interview venue and the time it will take to travel there. You will want to be punctual and on time. Be smart and dress for the occasion, interview in this case.
Since this will be your first time meeting your interviewee, try to make a good first impression. The first impression will decide whether you get to come back for the second interview or the job. There are three tips you may want to make note off during your interview as they may help you.
- Eye contact – try to make eye contact with the person you talk to, however do not stare or over do it. Your goal is to convey trust and confidence to him or her.
- Handshake – a firm handshake as a friendly gesture. Not too hard as you may come across as being arrogant or too weak or limp.
Palm of your hand – keep your palms visible to person you are talking to, this will allow you to express your openness and sincerity to him or her.