With AI becoming mainstream, it has so many advantages that help make people’s lives better as they can unlock their phones by using facial recognition which saves them from having to punch in their passwords. And the handy Alexa by Amazon is also an example of how AI has been very helpful to mankind. And since AI has been helpful and making so many lives more convenient, then you can imagine how advantageous AI is in healthcare. Let’s look at how AI is helpful in healthcare right now:
- Less error in procedures and operations an issue with AI – This is a huge reason why AI is so advantageous in healthcare. When there is a procedure going on, AI can help the surgeon or specialist make precise moves so that any type of operation can be made without mistakes that you often heard of happening back in the old days before AI was so evolved.
- Monitoring patients has been easier with AI – AI has eliminated guesswork among medical professionals when it comes to monitoring patients properly. It can help doctors see if there is a change in a patient’s health that needs to be addressed quickly.
- Prediction of disease from symptoms is made easier – With AI, it is much easier for specialists to know what type of disease that a patient likely has based on the symptoms alone. In the past, as it has already been mentioned, a lot of guesswork was applied. However, now, with the advancing technology, specialists will know what type of disease that a patient is suffering from that is there to make accurate assessments while eliminating any type of guesswork.
- AI provides great assistance for those who are in need – People who are hearing or visually impaired are helped by advancing technology as many gadgets, apps, and devices are now made to help people who have various disabilities become more independent. Halfcode is marketing a new smart wearable that will help those with hearing and visual impairment lead more normal lives. Another example is that for individuals that have conditions such as autism where their verbal communication is limited, they can use devices to communicate their needs and wants. This helps reduce frustration on their end as well as the frustration on the ends of the caregivers.
- AI can help monitor patients with taking medications – Doctors will be able to now properly monitor patients when it comes to taking medications that they had prescribed properly with the use of AI. There are machines that can detect if patients are taking their medications properly which features a visual recognition platform. Doctors will be able to detect whether or not the patients are taking their medications based on the effectiveness as this is a step above monitoring through bloodwork which means this is a much less invasive way as well for doctors to keep tabs on patients. And at the same time, this type of technology can help doctors determine if the patient is overdosing as well which means that AI can help keep patients healthy as it eliminates as well the issue with error and guesswork on the part of the medical professional.
- AI can help make better recommendations for patients that have a certain condition – Again, here is an example of how AI can eliminate the situation that involves guesswork on the doctor’s part by helping them narrow down what type of recommendation to give to the patient that is facing an ailment. Not all treatments work on different patients with the same disorder. AI can help fix that.
Those are just a few of the ways that AI has been quite advantageous in healthcare, and with technology evolving as fast as it does, there will only be more that it can offer!